Friday, January 28, 2011

The Vampire Diaries: The Descent [Recap]



Last night's episode of The Vampire Diaries was chilling, in more ways than one.

Warning: There are spoilers below.


Right after the last episode in 2010, previews played of The Descent (last night's episode) so I wasn't at all surprised the Rose, the five-hundred-something year old vampire, died. I was shocked however, at the way she died: dreaming happily next to Damon when he staked her heart, instead of the anticipated slow painful death. This episode revealed a part of Damon we have seldom seen.

First of all, I expected her death to span across two or three episodes, but maybe that was just my misunderstanding. Secondly, I was really touched to see that Damon actually cared about Rose that much, or anyone, for that matter (although he wouldn't admit it to Elena). Was that the first time he cried? As for Rose, it sucked that she had to go; she was a great character.

Overall, the episode was great. Lauren Cohan, who played Rose, is an awesome actress. Who else could play a sick, crazed vampire so convincingly?



It's 6 hours 'till bedtime; I say watch, don't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment