Sunday, May 8, 2011

My solution to finding your favorite showtimes.



I don't know about you, but I find scrolling through the info or guide on my TV to find specific shows or episodes really annoying.

Picture this: Your thumb is sore and the menu on your TV screen doesn't seem to scroll fast enough. You're not sure if there is a new episode of your favorite TV show playing tonight, so you are trying to find it on the guide. You spend an eternity pressing the arrows to find the showtime, only to discover that your show isn't playing tonight. If only there was an easier way to see all of your favorite showtimes gathered in one easy to read place.
Note: Sorry about the lack of posts these past few weeks, my router was being stupid. It happens often.


I have long since left the practice of channel surfing. I used to rely on the TV guide app on my iPod touch; having the ability to save my favorite channels and shows seemed perfect to me. I soon abandoned the app however, for my own personal calendar. The app had bugs: it took too long to load; sometimes it didn't load at all, plus, it seemed unreliable to me. I needed something solid, something that included all the information I wanted.


My solution was using sticky notes on my Windows 7. They are always there unless you delete them. They are also customizable with size adjustment, a scroll bar, and six different colors. I just label each note with the day, shows, and dates. If there is no episode for a certain day or if I want to know when a series will be coming back, all I have to do is glance at it. By updating the dates weekly, I save myself the trouble of searching it up right before the show actually starts.


Comment below on how you keep track of the TV schedule.


It's 10 hours 'till bedtime; I say watch, don't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment