Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hanna [Review]



I finally watched the movie that I had planned to watch last week: Hanna (starring Saoirse Ronan, a very beautiful and talented girl. I mean, she eyes are so blue!). I went into the theatre with high expectations and didn’t come out disappointed at all. I was actually blown away.
Warning: No spoilers, but the post would be a lot less confusing/general if you already watched the movie.


It had all the elements of a great action movie: interesting plot, fresh fighting scenes,  and most importantly, a killer ending. Another note: The comedic parts of the movie, although little, were very funny.

The plot was intriguing. In the beginning, you ask, who is this girl? Why was she trained with this lifestyle? And what will she do next? As the story progresses, you find out secrets about her past as well as the motives behind her and her father’s capture. The storyline just leaves you guessing, is she going to make it?
Hanna played by Saoirse Ronan
Every single fight scene was intense and new. I saw what she saw, and felt the tension sense of urgency that came with the camera shots and suspenseful music. You just don’t know what is going to happen next. The moves were just incredible to watch.  I was really impressed at her fighting skills. I don’t know about you, but her agility, skills, and ability to kill is really cool.

What made the movie was the ending. There were still lots of actions left in the last final minutes, with was awesome. The very end made me smile. Of course she was going to do that (You should watch the movie if you don‘t know what I‘m talking about because I‘m not revealing any spoilers)., I though afterwards, because it was just so predictable. But nevertheless, it concluded many issues and left the watcher satisfied.
Hanna played by Saoirse Ronan
Although  the movie was great, some parts did confuse me. For one, the storyline got confusing for me when the secrets were revealed. It just made me think, wait, what just happened? Also, the last confrontation just didn’t make sense. I don’t know about you, but for me, it still had to do with the new insights on one of the characters. Lastly, I just can’t help but wonder about one of the untied ends of the story. I can assume what happened, but it didn’t exactly show us in the movie.

Overall, the movie was fresh, exciting, and definitely action-packed. I strongly recommend seeing this movie if you haven’t yet, but of course, the PG-13 rating means some blood and gore and no shortage of violence. I personally rate this movie an A; it was one of the best movies I’ve seen of this kind.

If you’ve watched this movie already, what are your thoughts? If you haven’t, are you planning to?

It’s 1 hour before bedtime; I say watch, don’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment