Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2.14 Through Many Dangers, Toils and Snares

Pretty Little Liars: (1/2/12 Winter Premier)
Pretty Little Liars - Spencer and Emily fight.
What an exciting return for Pretty Little Liars! We have recently learned that the identity of "A" will be revealed this spring, and another thing: a beloved character will die! (by the end of the season) This is of course, excluding the four female leads. 


Pretty Little Liars - Spencer and Emily hash it out.
Pretty Little Liars - Spencer and Emily go at it. (I love these photos!)
Remember what happened the last time we saw the girls? They got caught while trying to dig up Dr. Sullivan's supposed body and "arrested" for tampering with evidence, aka, being caught with possession of the shovel used to kill Alison. Anyway, the show starts off with some creepy little girls jumping rope in front of the church or something and then it fast forwards to 1 month later since the incident mentioned above. The girls are dressed in hilarious orange jumpsuits picking up  trash as part of their community service sentence when suddenly, a fight breaks out between Spencer and Emily and they go at it. It was a great moment in Pretty Little Liars history. 
Pretty Little Liars - The Liars in a greenhouse.
Anyway, there appears to be some ongoing tension between the girls, especially Spencer and Emily since the next time they see each other, they bump and Emily's books fall from her arms, prompting her to knock Spencer's books down too. The claw are out and I don't understand why they are acting so strangely and neither do the Liar's parents. Anyway, Emily reaches impossibly far to pick up her book, as does Spencer, and all I'm doing is yelling, "You've got the wrong book dummy!", but of course they can't hear me. It is revealed later that this was all done on purpose, and yes, at this moment I'm skipping the details, but bear with me. In Spencer's book was a note telling Emily to meet at 10, which at first I was confused about, but after the last scene before the commercial, it was all clear to me. Y'know, the scene where they meet in a greenhouse and laugh about how they tricked A? Maybe you'll remember when I tell you that it's the scene where Emily says, "I'm the weakest link and the weakest link wants some payback".


Now of course there's Ezaria (<--Is that right?) drama, some sort of love triangle between Hanna, Caleb, and Lucas, Spencer and Toby, and Emily and--- wait, Emily doesn't have anybody. At least she has swimming though right? Nope, wait, she doesn't have that either. What a bad day to be Emily Fields. Don't worry Emily, hang in there because it gets worse. 
Pretty Little Liars - And the claws come out... this time in front of everybody.
The rest of the episode is kind of sad, and when I say that I mean that I felt sad and sorry for those who were not in on the Liar's plans. Acting within acting? It's weird, but they pull it off if you know what I mean. After all the yelling and scene staging, the moment we've all been waiting for comes. I won't ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet (really? Go, NOW!!) but I will say that the Liar's plans were so close to working if not for a few tardies. But ironically, one of those tardies gave A what he/she deserved. For those that do know what I'm talking about, I laughed when it happened. The episode ends with A getting away but at least we are one step closer to finding out A's true identity. It's basically an "Are you kidding?!?" moment.


That episode was exciting and what a great way to kick off the year! See you next week!


It's 6 hours 'till bedtime; I say watch, don't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment